Spring Cleaning Tip to Prepare Your Home
The snow is melting, birds are chirping, and houses are popping up for sale. That could only mean one thing: it’s spring cleaning season.
When posting your house up for sale, consider the fact that buyers will want to walk around a neat and pristine looking home. If your home is starting to clutter up after the long winter season, try out these spring cleaning tips to prepare your home for selling.
- Sanitize your garbage disposable with lemon and vinegar. Try freezing vinegar into cubes with small chunks of lemon inside. Drop them down your garbage disposal to sanitize its overworked blades. Your disposable will smell better than ever!
- Get rid of hard water stains with a slice of lemon. Lemons have quite a bit of cleaning uses. Try slicing one in half and rubbing it on the shower door or faucet water stains. The citrus should break down and remove the blemishes.
- Use newspaper on windows. To avoid towel residue, wipe your windows and mirrors with a newspaper. The result will be streak-free!
- Get rid of pesky pet hair with a squeegee. Rub the squeegee in short strokes along furniture and rugs. It’s that simple. The tools will lift up hair immediately.
- Deodorize the bathroom. Bathrooms are a must-have on every spring cleaning list. This hack may be a bit odd, but onions will do wonders for poorly circulated bathroom air. Slice an onion in half and place it on a dish anywhere in the bathroom. By morning, your bathroom will be odor free!
- Combat burnt-on residue with dryer sheets. Place a wet dryer sheet on your stove top mess for at least 15 minutes. The non-abrasive properties of dryer sheets will help you wipe grime away with ease.
- Lift stains with vinegar. Most stains will come out with about a 1/4 teaspoon of vinegar mixed with four cups of water. For heavier stains, try a mix of one tablespoon of ammonia with one cup of water.
These simple spring cleaning tricks will make your home look spotless and ready for a sale, without stocking up on various cleaning supplies. For more tips and tricks for preparing a home to sell, contact our team at Brightstar Realty & Rentals. We offer real estate broker and property management services for North Jersey counties, and are happy to serve you.